Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahhhh Crap!!

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well this is all nicely welded polished stainless. But I wonder if a soft brass wire wheel on a drill at low RPM would be worth a shot??? hmmmmm

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

gonna scratch it anyway. But you could polish it again with a buffer and some heavy compound.

Man that's on there worse than I originally thought

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigtman07 View Post
    Yea they do get really hot! I haven't temped them but I know the tips can't be touched and the y pip at the bed is crazy hot! I'm guessing my EGT's are up there but without the money for gauges I won't really know. I just have to hope and pray.
    What mods have you done to the truck?
    The y is where heat will be most concentrated, but I wouldn't think the stacks themselves would be that hot. What diameter are the stacks? I've only ever run 7" singles, but I never had a heat problem with them

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I never have a heat issue with my custom stack either. And from corner to flat its about 5.5 inches. But my stack is a Pentagon shape.

Try polishing compound with a buffer and see if that takes it off.

Report back your findings for the next person. That way we have minimal threads on the same subject.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh no doubt I will report back LOL. I don't like to leave a thread abandoned LOL. I don't have ny mods other than 4" turbo back exhaust to the twin 6" stacks. I don't have egt gauges yet still trying to save for them. I figured the y would be the hottest. So far I have tried driving it to soften the plastic then take an old plastic ice scraper and that didn't do much. Tried a razor blade and that was working but hard to do with out the chance of cutting myself.

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

If you would like a price for anything pm me anytime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12