Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lift Kit Decisions

1. Top Of Page | #1

Lift Kit Decisions

I have 2013 2500. 12 wides -44 offset. Would like to run 37's.

With that being said, my first option I was looking at was Zone 8'' kit. I have done some reading about the kit and I found some negative feedback on the transfer case indexing kit(multiple people saying leaking seals). That worries me.

I have also seen people running Rough Country 5'' and stacking 2'' or 2.5'' level kit. I have adjustable track bar so I'm not against doing that either. The front bumper spacer kit is an option i am open too also. My concern is will it cause any driveshaft vibrations, will it still need the index kit, or any other issues. I hope someone on here can give me some insight on it.

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Lift Kit Decisions

Let's ask @CJC Off Road?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks Joe Froe thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

From my side I haven't really heard anything bad about the zone kits or any sort of leaking. Wonder how the ones with the leaking kits used their trucks out of curiosity.

As far as stacking the leveling kit I personally would rather have a kit that's made specifically for the height I wanted.

As far as the indexing kit goes, some trucks can go without some can't. Some trucks go for awhile without it and then end up purchasing it. Every truck is different so it's hard to be able to say yay or nay on needing it.

Have you considered any other brands? Or are you particular to those 2?

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Zone Off Road makes a pretty good and much more cost friendly system

Rough Country is pretty decent for the money. Depending on what you're after after they can be a little stiff

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

What are your overall goals other than clearing larger tires

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    From my side I haven't really heard anything bad about the zone kits or any sort of leaking. Wonder how the ones with the leaking kits used their trucks out of curiosity.

As far as stacking the leveling kit I personally would rather have a kit that's made specifically for the height I wanted.

As far as the indexing kit goes, some trucks can go without some can't. Some trucks go for awhile without it and then end up purchasing it. Every truck is different so it's hard to be able to say yay or nay on needing it.

Have you considered any other brands? Or are you particular to those 2?

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

My first choice was the zone lift. When I saw people saying the index kit issue thats why I figured I would ask for personal experience and better knowledge. Cant trust everything you read on other forums! LOL

No I'm not against other name brands at all. My main goal is just to run 37's on 12 wide wheels, have a quality lift(no problems) and not have to cut everything to fit the tires.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    What are your overall goals other than clearing larger tires

Thats basicly my only goal. Good quality lift with no problems and clear the tires.

I do not ride offroad. Most I pull is a 20ft bay boat. Normally I drive the truck once a week, maybe twice LOL.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Zone would be a pretty good option for the money since you don't use it to often

16. Top Of Page | #9

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Zone would be a pretty good option for the money since you don't use it to often

Do you say that because of ride quality?

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    Do you say that because of ride quality?
    I've installed them for some people. The price and quality are very good compared to others that cost 2x as much. For what you're spending you actually get a nice system and ride out of it ya

Since you don't use the truck often personally I'd say the cost savings is worth it to. If you want to spend a little extra money you can go with something from Fabtech, Superlift, Pure Performance (Dudes Diesel is carrying now)

PP isn't outrageously priced but will give you an insanely nice ride. They're used on trophy trucks in Baja and other similar races

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast