Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
Well it could be you never asked me. Or the fact I'm taking a break from taking care of the wife, she's recently home from a knee replacement and I'm working like a slave around here. Finally got a break for a while before supper and just finished laundry. And she's the foreman for now.

I believe you lived in your area for quite a while, so you should have a parts store that your known in. I would have asked them for both alternators and compared them. That could be a basis for a start. Then shop for the best deal on an alternator. As for the belt, put the new one on, measure and then drive down to buy one. It's amazing on how many sizes there are out there.

Thought this would have been a simple one for an .. old man like you ........

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
Excellent!! Glad you got what you needed.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
Haha!!! Give him hell!!

Hope the wife recovers quickly

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
Thanks for the help Greg. I spent a little more than I could have, but I got an original with 6K miles on it. As I mentioned, originals last longer than rebuilds. The truck will be gone before I need another and I'll charge my batteries faster. That extra 50 amps makes a difference. There will be no issues with the regulator either. The regulator doesn't care about the current. It just throttles the stator

Now to deal with the old geezer

In the old days I used to go and look myself off the shelves. I deal with Carquest now. My other guy closed up, retired. My Carquest, which was my alternate backup store, is now the primary and was independently owned. He sold out to Advance so it's now a chain store, but looks like a just a regular AP store.

One of the things I got taken away was the ability to arbitrarily order a part to look at it. They let me get away with it allot of times, but I don't push the issue. Information is so sketchy for some items. Had I been able to fine out it was a direct bolt in sooner, I wouldn't be burning out battery chargers. I was just bustin your butt as usual.

How is Momma doing with that? Thank you for taking care of her. It's our job. They do so much for us. . . .. I love my wife dearly and would walk through fire for her. Don't care who knows that either.