Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Front driveshaft to Transfer case bolts

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Front driveshaft to Transfer case bolts

Anyone have a part number for these? I took out my front driveshaft the other day to have it inspected at the driveline shop and it was missing a bolt. Three were holding it fine but I want them all there.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Front driveshaft to Transfer case bolts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holiday View Post
    Anyone have a part number for these? I took out my front driveshaft the other day to have it inspected at the driveline shop and it was missing a bolt. Three were holding it fine but I want them all there.
    Just take one of the originals to a good hardware store and duplicate it. See if you can get a washer one size smaller to fit the bolt. Sometimes they do. I slip 1/4 washers on 5/16 bolts all the time. The only difference would be the hex size. As long as it fits, it'll work just fine. You can put some lock tight on if you want.

I had an injector retainer bolt break in my head. Fortunately, it came out real easy. Went into my metric bolt assortment and found what I needed, bolted it in, 4 years later, it's fine

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post