So I'm 99% sure going to be replacing my exhaust manifold this winter, I think I need a new gasket in between my stock manifold and the block (when someone start my pickup if I'm standing over the engine bay I can see exhaust escape from between the manifold and block)and I figure for as old as my truck is and as cruddy looking as my manifold is I think I might wanna replace the manifold too. I've read in places that if your manifold is really bad sometimes it may require resurfacing before putting it back on with a new gasket and aftermarket manifolds are less prone to warping/cracking and the improved exhaust flow can increase certain aspects of performance. I know they can be pricey but I figure I might wait to buy it on black Friday or something maybe I can get one for $100 off (hopefully).

So! Why I'm posting: when I first started looking I looked at the bladerunner product made by aFe because I was familiar with the brand and think they make good products (if someone has experience with aFe and think they're crap please let me know) and they actually make 2 different exhaust manifolds one is stainless steel and is more expensive and doesn't come with a gasket for some reason. The other one is ductile iron, less expensive, and comes with gaskets. I'm assuming the stainless steel is more expensive because it's better.. is that right? And does anyone know why it's better? Is it worth the money to buy one that is stainless steel vs iron? Also has anyone ever replaced their manifold before? What brand manifold did you guys buy and are you happy with the purchase? It seems like I have plenty of options for the 12 valve in either one piece of three piece manifolds, and I'm not set on buying an aFe it's just the first I looked at and noticed the difference and I don't know if one is better than the other and why and if it's worth the money.

I'll leave links to the two products below if anyone wants to check them out for what ever reason.

Stainless- http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/afe/46-40041.htm

Iron- http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/afe/46-40044.htm

Sorry if I have any typos: Thanks guys!