Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: About to pull the trigger on a 2011 6.7 CTD / G56 delete...what should I expect.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

About to pull the trigger on a 2011 6.7 CTD / G56 delete...what should I expect.

Been doing my homework and this is what I think I know. 1. CCV: this is venting oil and other nice gasses directly into the turbo. This seems unhealthy in terms of turbo life. Going to delete this. 2. EGR: this brilliant system is recirculating soot, ash and everything else back into the intake at less than cool temps. Going to delete this. 3. Throttle Valve: this little gem when failed will kill the life of the engine. Going to delete this. 4. DPF: This lovely idea is adding back pressure and robbing this monster from simply breathing. Delete this and put 4" flo pro with muffler on.5. Factory Tuning: Factory Tuning defuels and robs the stock CTD to the point that this beast comes off a dead stop like three legs are tied (remember manual transmission). 6. Stock Clutch: It won't handle much more than about 60 additional horse power. 7. Tuner: The MM3 with some tunes from Ray will unleash the beast. I love this truck. I have owned it since April and it pulls great. Mileage is ok. General driving is ok, but not like my friends who gave 5.9's or 6.7's with autos. I know it will probably not ever be as quick... But I hope my plan will change the nature of this brute. If you have a similar truck and or have knowledge of whether my plan is sound can you let me know? Thanks. This is a great community.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: About to pull the trigger on a 2011 6.7 CTD / G56 delete...what should I expect.

Wow! I must say that is one heck of an analogy!

So far everything sounds about right.

Definitely the best thing for the 6.7 is to let a few parts fall off. Your definitely on the right track on that.

Your tuning choice is definitely one of the best! Ray is a master when it comes to tuning these trucks. The stock clutch as you said will only be able to handle the 60hp tune. Maybe higher depending on how your drive but unlikely. Well worth the upgrade for the clutch.

Your truck will most definitely be a different beast when your done with the above said. I must warn you... once you do this you will be bitten by the bug and start buying more performance parts haha!!

Fantastic research sir!

Thank you for your support!

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: About to pull the trigger on a 2011 6.7 CTD / G56 delete...what should I expect.

Yep, I'd say list covers everything.

I'd put the EGR and tv delete at the end of the list. One you delete they are both disabled so deleting them is more for cosmetics than function. But if you must do them, also consider the grid heater delete and by the replacement that goes where the TV was. You'd be amazed at how much soot has built up over the last 6years.

For the CCV, you might consider just changing the filter vs gutting it. Very little oil gets by a clean filter. After just pulling mine at 67k, I can say that I wish I had done it sooner but it still wasn't that bad. Next one will be done around 45-50k

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post