Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: MM3 Tuner - Trans Tuning Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner - Trans Tuning Questions

I purchased an MM3 with custom tuning from Ray at DoubleRDiesel (@DoubleRDiesel). I have loved the tuning on the truck since I have installed it. I have a 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie with 68RFE transmission. The tuner has been working great until today when I was leaving work. The tuner worked this morning when I drove to work, but when I was leaving the tuner did not turn on. The light on right of the screen flashed red twice and then green and then red twice again. I looked up on the internet and it said to reformat the SD card. I reformatted the SD card from FAT32 to FAT(Default) and that didn't fix the problem. What do I need to do to fix the problem? Also this question is for Ray. My transmission tuning has been great other than a few small things. It only happens every now and then, but when I come to a stop sometimes my truck kinda lunges forward like the converter is unlocking. Also when I take off slow and don't get up to speed and I have to slow down again it shifts hard like it is going into a low range gear. I got the trans tuning that increased the line pressure from 160 to 170. If anyone could help me with these problems I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Jarad

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The SD Card must always be formatted FAT 32...so format again FAT 32.

Trans tuning is always an evolving thing. With a tuned trans you will have a rough shift or something funky every now and again. It's just one of those things you have to live with. Due to the adaptive nature of the trans, you can never have a 100 percent perfect tune. What is described does sound normal and nothing to worry about.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Osterhus33 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ok that makes sense. It is my first truck with a tune so I just didn't know. When I format it back to FAT32 is there any other ideas to try if it doesn't work? Thanks for the help Ray!

Jarad

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I reformatted the SD card back to FAT32 and reinstalled it back into the tuner. Before I plugged the tuner back into the truck I unplugged the OBDII connector. I checked all the connections and plugged the tuner back in and plugged the OBDII back in. I turned the key on in the truck and it works like new again! I saw this idea from Ray in another thread. Thanks for the help and Ray @Double R Diesel and the igotacummins forum!! Love my tuning from Ray and love my truck even more with everything on it. Thanks for the help.

Jarad

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner - Trans Tuning Questions

I need some help.

I am currently looking to upgrade the transmission in my 2014 RAM, and the transmission company I am selecting requires some custom tuning.

I recently got an mm3 from DRD before they switched to emission compliance tunes, and now, unfortunately, they cannot help with transmission tunes (which isn’t their fault.

It’s just the hands we are dealt now), but I’m looking for someone who can do some trans tunes.

Thanks!

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post