2001 2500 4WD, 206K miles

First let me say this, I'm in the process of researching and ordering parts with Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance to rebuild the front end of my son's truck as well as upgrade the steering before he heads off to college in August, 6.5 hours away from home. We've had it for a little over a year and I am either the 6th or 7th owner in it's 16 yr existence, so there is no telling everything that has or hasn't been done prior to me acquiring it. Right now there is about 4" of play in the steering wheel before the wheels even move slightly, I can hear a clicking in the steering gear box as well.

I know it has 33" tires on 16" wheels, there are 2" spacers in the front, possible a leveling kit with Bilstein shocks w/coils, but not sure from whom. It also has one of those steering box stabilizers that adds an additional bearing to the bottom of the steering box sector shaft.

Here are my thoughts, feel free to suggest, but remember, he's headed to college in 2 months and I don't have a lot of time to do everything.
I've also heard/read about replacing the Y-steering with the T-steering found on the 2010+ models. anyone have any experience?

Steering Upgrades:
Redhead Gear Box (how do I tell if I need the hydraulic steering assist)
Borgeson 000950 Steering Shaft

Front End Rebuild:
- Sway bar End links
- Sway bar Bushngs
- Moog Package Deal 261 which inclides:
-- Outer Tie Rod End - Right Hand Side MOOG-DS1460
-- Inner Tie Rod End - Driver Side MOOG-DS1462
-- Front Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve MOOG-ES2012S
-- Front Outer Tie Rod End - Driver Side MOOG-ES3526
-- Front Outer Tie Rod End at Pitman Arm MOOG-ES3527
-- Front Upper Ball Joint MOOG-K7394
-- Front Lower Ball Joint MOOG-K7397

Some other things I'm looking at replacing down the road but haven't had time to research and the above is gonna hurt the wallet a bit for now.
- Wheel hub bearings
- Brake pads & rotors, possibly calipers (we replaced the brake hoses back in January w/ Kevlar SS Braided hoses after one ruptured at an intersection )

So, if you've made it this far, sorry for being long winded, suggestions are appreciated.