Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Intercooler Piping

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intercooler Piping

I pulled the inner fender today to fight with the oil filter and noticed that the intercooler piping under the air box is dented in. Is this normal or did something get fubar'd when they assembled my truck?

IMG_20170621_152802.jpg

IMG_20170621_152807.jpg

2016 2500HD Tradesman, 6.7, 4x4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 68RFE, MAG-HYTEC pan, RevMax Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass, RevMax valve body, 4.10, RaceME, Rays tune, HPP EGR/Cooler Delete, XDP Throttle Valve Delete, FloPro 5", 295/65R20 Ridge Grappler

2. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Intercooler Piping

Quote Originally Posted by doublejz View Post
    I pulled the inner fender today to fight with the oil filter and noticed that the intercooler piping under the air box is dented in. Is this normal or did something get fubar'd when they assembled my truck?

IMG_20170621_152802.jpg

IMG_20170621_152807.jpg
    Same guy must of worked on my truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Remember the old saying ...
    If it doesn't fit .. get a bigger hammer !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, RogueDiesel, Polaraco liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Remember the old saying ...
    If it doesn't fit .. get a bigger hammer !
    You've seen my work?

I believe it may be there from the factory to prevent the A/C line from rubbing.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Do a quick search for pictures for stock cold side pipe on 6.4 Powerstrokes. They have a massive flat spot on them by the radiator support. Swapping out for a 3" pipe you have to cut a small section of the support out to clear
    And the larger pipe makes a huge difference on them

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    You've seen my work?

I believe it may be there from the factory to prevent the A/C line from rubbing.

Now let me guess ???
    I you designed this .. it would have been round the continuous length and either this or something else move where it stays that way, for full flow !

But remember what my grandaddy said:

You want it right, let nature handle it.
    Want it screw up ? Give it to and engineer.

(or as I added ~ give it to and engineer or a politician)

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Now let me guess ???
    I you designed this .. it would have been round the continuous length and either this or something else move where it stays that way, for full flow !

But remember what my grandaddy said:

You want it right, let nature handle it.
    Want it screw up ? Give it to and engineer.

(or as I added ~ give it to and engineer or a politician)
    WATCH YOUR MOUTH! I AM AN ENGINEER!!!

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The shame is they probably had 12 - 8 hr meetings to decide to put that dent in the pipe

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    WATCH YOUR MOUTH! I AM AN ENGINEER!!!

I know old man !

Jim

13. Likes Power247, Polaraco liked this post