Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thumping Noise In The Front End?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thumping Noise In The Front End?

I have this thumping noise in my front end that I can't figure out what it is.

It only does it with little bumps in the road, and nothing I do seems to change it.

I can feel it through the steering wheel, brake pedal, and floor.

I replaced the sway bar end links and the shocks and still have the noise.

Check the ball joint, and they are good and tight.

Any Ideas.

It's driving me crazy.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

have u check you panhard bar or even ur bushings in the rods

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I order the bushing for the bar today. What is the other bar

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I thought I responded to this. Or is this another one?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Might be another one. LOL. I put sway bar bushing in today and still no change. Does anyone think of it possibly being the steering shaft.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Make sure your calipers and pads are secured properly too. Those disc pads weight a pound each and can drive you nuts.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I will check that. Prob just go ahead and replace them tho. It is getting aggravating LOL

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Is it a heavy or light banging?

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You can't hear it but you can feel it. It's not a hard thumping but it is noticeable

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Have you always had this? The Mega's had frame flexing issues. Check to be sure your steering box is tight and there are no cracks. Check the bushings on the steering stabilzer.

You may need a steering box support.

Now many miles on this truck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast