Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  60
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Which brand for upgraded steering?

1. Top Of Page | #171

User Info Menu

Re: Which brand for upgraded steering?

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. DOR told me the bolts that come in these ends are not grade 8. The larger optional bolts are though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    They really need to work on their QC or something. I've pretty much had to walk back every positive thing I said about them. They are the only aftermarket manufacturer for the 2013+ steering components and they're gonna lose a ton of customers because forums can make or break these small companies and they're not really standing behind their product. That thing should've only broke if you were at full lock and smashed into a stump or something. Not because their made in China heim joint was seizing or binding. I'm not real confident it won't break at 70-80mph and trash my $60,000 truck and my family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #172

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    They really need to work on their QC or something. I've pretty much had to walk back every positive thing I said about them. They are the only aftermarket manufacturer for the 2013+ steering components and they're gonna lose a ton of customers because forums can make or break these small companies and they're not really standing behind their product. That thing should've only broke if you were at full lock and smashed into a stump or something. Not because their made in China heim joint was seizing or binding. I'm not real confident it won't break at 70-80mph and trash my $60,000 truck and my family.

This is exactly how I feel. The only good thing I can say is that they sent me a replacement bolt with no hesitation.

3. Top Of Page | #173

User Info Menu

I'm not sure why they don't send a harder stud with their stuff. Unless they somehow think if a softer alloy would allow some minute amount of flex that would prevent a break. Only problem with that is that when a side load on a stud make that stud flex, it creates fatigue in the metal at the first, weakest point. Which is where your broke. To me-the tougher those parts are, the better. Just my two cents worth.

4. Thanks bloombloom88 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #174

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. The only good thing I can say is that they sent me a replacement bolt with no hesitation.

Buying time to avoid worse publicity. Potentially find others in a bad batch. It's possible some may be good but they got a shipment that are junk

Either way hearing they use less than grade 8 on some. And only have a bolt replacement as an option rather than refund. I deleted all emails, voicemails and decided I was going elsewhere for my stuff after seeing these issues

6. Likes bloombloom88, easttxram liked this post
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718