Ok, noob here! Just had a RaceMe Ultra, Sinister EGR/Cooler delete, cat-to-factory muffler delete, and RaceMe EGT installed due to 'DPF 80% Full' message.

A little background on our use our use of the truck: DW and I are full-time RVers and pull a 34' HitchHiker fifth wheel that weighs in around 15k. Truck has always pulled just fine in the stock configuration. Don't need more power, just needs to get rid of the emissions junk. So, I have a few questions:

First, I don't think the installer did anything but the 'default' engine tune, and I don't think they did the tranny tune at all. What will be the 'safest' tune? I'm guessing stock with deletes and the tranny tune, but what are your thoughts on the 30hp tune?

What about timing? Stock? I don't want head gasket issues down the road (or tranny problems, either...).

Second, EGT probe was installed in the rear cooler block-off plate. It's my understanding that this will read approximately 150-200 degrees cooler that if it were installed in the exhaust manifold. So what should I be looking at as a max safe EGT?

Lastly, this is the first truck I've owned with a turbo (remember the old Navistar 6.9 naturally-aspirated diesels that were in Fords?). Yeah, I had two of 'em. Never had to worry about boost pressure. So, how do I keep boost within acceptable levels? I know that with EGT, keep RPM's up and foot out of go-pedal. Is it the same with boost?

That's all I can think of for now - I'm sure there'll be more later as I learn more about the tuner and tuning.

Regards,

Bob