Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2014 6.7

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 6.7

Looking to upgrade to a 2011-2014 2500 6.7 4x4. wondering if there were any complaints or recommendations?? Which year to stay away from?

Looking to keep it stock and wondering if the EGR delete is a good idea.

Havent bought it yet but bartering on it now. Looking for advice before I commit.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 6.7

@Pissah MM3 Tuner.

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yes on the EGR delete! EGR is possibly the worst thing for these trucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If staying stock I'd go with 2013 and newer. 2012 and older 6.7's are lacking on power in stock form, poor fuel milage, and heavy on egr (more soot = more wear). My opinion of course.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

My 2012 is high output with 350hp and 800 lb/ft when it was in stock form, so I wouldn't say it lacked too much but the unlocking front driveshaft of the 2013+ helps fuel economy, plus you aren't using fuel for Regens. Also the coil spring rear suspension of 2013+ is pretty nice too. Deleting any of them is the best choice for these engines!

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have 2013 personal and a 2014 work. the 13 is still stock with about 23k miles no issues with it great power and millage. the 14 got idled a lot didnt make it to 60k before the egr was fried and dealer ship was crap about fixing it right. also got told that emission was no longer covered after 50k miles. so its deleted now with the race me, set to stock and fuel economy, dont really like the setting and its a little goofy. If leaving it stock get yourself a CTS insight, i think they are worth having. As for My 13 it will get a full delete later in its life.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

i just picked up a higher mileage 14 and the suspension is great on it. I test drove a few 11's and 12's and i love the way the 14 rides way better.

- 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l (Sold)
    - 2003 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins 75k miles (R.I.P gone but not forgotten)
    - 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman 95k miles work truck about to be deleted for the first time
    https://www.instagram.com/mikemackyo/

10. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    My 2012 is high output with 350hp and 800 lb/ft when it was in stock form, so I wouldn't say it lacked too much but the unlocking front driveshaft of the 2013+ helps fuel economy, plus you aren't using fuel for Regens. Also the coil spring rear suspension of 2013+ is pretty nice too. Deleting any of them is the best choice for these engines!

Yeah I call BS on 2012 be under powered I have same ratings on high output is pretty stout

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'm with what @TH-64 is saying. Yes, the motor is rated to make power like the newer trucks, and is very capable BUT the factory tuning makes them feel like a dog when compared to the '13+ trucks. And the MPGs are 2-3 mpg less in stock form as well. Once deleted, the playing field starts to even in those respects.

If I was in the market for another truck and knew I was staying stock I woul be looking '14+, if tuning and deletes were in the plans then I would easily buy another '12.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Thanks TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64 liked this post