I'm just an old man driving a 2008 Ram 2500 with Cummins 6.7L. i have no real knowledge of trucks (barely remember what's under the hood) and no desire to maintain my own system. I have a DPF that is almost at the end of life and I have many suggestions as for what to do. pretty much everyone is suggesting a DPF delete. I have read till my eyes are popping out and here's a couple of questions off the top of my head;

Given that a Delete will modify my ECM, after the delete can I still use a code reader on the ODB port to diagnose future issues?

Not sure if the ECM, TCM & PCM are all combined into one module but I assume that modifying the ECM will not affect anything else.

I understand the vehicles ECM must be returned to 'stock' prior to any dealer or other service that might flash the ECM. If this is correct how do I do this without incurring additional cost? Is this something I can do? If the ECM is returned to stock since the DPF, NOX and Cat have been removed will the truck still run properly?

I have several suggestions; what is the difference between EFI Live, Smarty JR, Bully Dog and RaceMe. Any one I should favour?

I look forward to any input