Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fass pump

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Fass pump

Honestly I never had an alarm go off. Every once in a awhile I would just drain the filter for a few seconds to relieve water if there was any and just kept rolling LOL. I would do it maybe once a month and never had an issue.

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, 2rr2nv2014, Snow Dodge liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Honestly I never had an alarm go off. Every once in a awhile I would just drain the filter for a few seconds to relieve water if there was any and just kept rolling LOL. I would do it maybe once a month and never had an issue.

281-895-DUDE (3833)
    soooo, did ya ever replace the water sep? or just keep draining it every so often?

4. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I replaced it after a couple years. Haha finally after me keep telling myself I need to do thst probably LOL!!!! As long as it drains I'm sure it's fine. Probably a yearly replacement wouldn't be bad.

But I went 2 years and no issues.

Sorry it took so long!!!

281-895-DUDE (3833)

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Snow Dodge liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

did ya cut it up to see what it looked like inside? haven't heard of anyone doing it to a Fuel/water sep... would be interesting. hmmm, maybe I'll do just that. I've got a sep OTW off Amazon. I'm over on getting FF and F/W sep replacement done. really wish I could afford FASS system. would save me soo much headache and time.

8. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Fass pump

I have a fass 150 titanium with heater / never had any problems . I am running front filter also. Plus I just added that second turbo no issues. I've had my 01 dodge for two years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I replace the water separator filter every other time. I have never had water ever in that filter, and the alarm has never gone off, Clayton at dudes diesel hit it right on the nose 100% fass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

No sir I have never cut one or seen one cut but it's definitely a great idea!!

Thank ya snow dodge!!!

281-895-DUDE (3833)

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Normally if the fuel stations keep their tanks clean you'll have no issues with water. But if you don't check, your may be asking for problems. They might miss cleaning the tank, or their supply trucks might not have drained their trailers properly and transfer water in a shipment. Always side to caution, a motor cost to much and your never happy with a down truck. But if your dual unit doesn't have a water level indicator, I still highly recommend keeping your original filter unit housing if it has the alarm. It's just a safety precaution. If it goes off, you can shut down ASAP and drain as needed.

When I installed my dual filter unit, they recommend changing the filters every 20k, or if you don't hit the 20k in a year, change them yearly. The cost isn't that much.

I did cut open a fuel/water filter and found small debris on the filter. But it wasn't much, and it looked like dirt. That could have happen when I was filling, the suppliers truck could have gotten it from loading or unloading, or been from the supplier. I'd say the total amount was about the size of 1/4 a dime in total. And that was spread out over the entire filter media in little dots. The final fuel filter didn't have anything in it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Likes 2rr2nv2014, Snow Dodge liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12