Likes Likes:  88
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: How to load your new firmware & files to your RaceMe Ultra

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: How to load your new firmware & files to your RaceMe Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Must have got it figured out???
    No, no success yet. Sunday evening I handed it all over to a friend that does IT for a major telecom company. If he can't get it done, then its way beyond anything I could hope to do.

2. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolDiesel View Post
    No, no success yet. Sunday evening I handed it all over to a friend that does IT for a major telecom company. If he can't get it done, then its way beyond anything I could hope to do.
    Well here's the deal LOL. It's not hard at all. I'm a heavy equipment operator and I easily figured it out with just a high school education. So if your department of defence, and IT friends can't figure it out, take it to a local redneck.
    Did you ever get the card to have the files and folders it should have as I pictured?
    I'm not trying to be little you or your friends. Sometimes people just make it way more complicated than it is. And possibly you have a faulty unit? Let me know if I can help.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

I could send you a sd card but I can't verify it works first, as that would update mine, and that's an update I don't want.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Well here's the deal LOL. It's not hard at all. I'm a heavy equipment operator and I easily figured it out with just a high school education. So if your department of defence, and IT friends can't figure it out, take it to a local redneck.
    Did you ever get the card to have the files and folders it should have as I pictured?
    I'm not trying to be little you or your friends. Sometimes people just make it way more complicated than it is. And possibly you have a faulty unit? Let me know if I can help.
    Oh trust me - I started simple. Stuck the card into my computer and unzipped the file onto the card. It only gets complicated when you start reading on the RaceMe website to trouble shoot and figure out why the simple download didn't work.

5. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

Oh trust me - I started simple. Stuck the card into my computer and unzipped the file onto the card. It only gets complicated when you start reading on the RaceMe website to trouble shoot and figure out why the simple download didn't work.
    Do you mind explaining what you found to be the most difficult part of the entire update process? I understand that the directions on the website are confusing, and that's why I have made two of these videos now to try and help people out. But some are still finding it difficult to update. I'd like to better my instructions, if you don't mind providing your feedback.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Do you mind explaining what you found to be the most difficult part of the entire update process? I understand that the directions on the website are confusing, and that's why I have made two of these videos now to try and help people out. But some are still finding it difficult to update. I'd like to better my instructions, if you don't mind providing your feedback.
    I watched your video and it is informative and straight forward. Nothing inherently confusing about the video or the process. You did a good job with it. I didn't get on this forum until I started having problems, and by then, it was too late for your video to help I think. I think why it all went south for me is because I used a Apple Mac to attempt the download at first. After I started having problems I got on the RaceMe website where eventually I read that you can't use an Apple product because it changes the file names ("Don't use iOS! Use Windows 10!" should probably be on a big sticker on the box or on on the website). The RaceMe website also says to format the disk if you have the "No Valid SD Card!" message because of old info on the disk, but you say not to do. Too late for me, I had already followed the websites directions before I watched your video. I have been able to contact RaceMe via email, so hopefully they can get me straightened out.

9. Thanks RamIt, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

I watched your video and it is informative and straight forward. Nothing inherently confusing about the video or the process. You did a good job with it. I didn't get on this forum until I started having problems, and by then, it was too late for your video to help I think. I think why it all went south for me is because I used a Apple Mac to attempt the download at first. After I started having problems I got on the RaceMe website where eventually I read that you can't use an Apple product because it changes the file names ("Don't use iOS! Use Windows 10!" should probably be on a big sticker on the box or on on the website). The RaceMe website also says to format the disk if you have the "No Valid SD Card!" message because of old info on the disk, but you say not to do. Too late for me, I had already followed the websites directions before I watched your video. I have been able to contact RaceMe via email, so hopefully they can get me straightened out.
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! I was unaware that iOS would change the file names, so that's good to know for the future. I'm very very very anti-formatting for these cards, I understand that's what RaceMe says to do, but reading through threads on this forum, most people immediately encounter problems after formatting; hence why I recommend not doing it. I've been on the same card since day one, and have gone through 5 firmware upgrades and countless WARP tune files, and haven't encountered any issues following the steps I outline in the video.

I'd imagine you are correct that your situation was exacerbated by the Apple computer, so I hope that RaceMe can get you squared away and you can be up and running! Please let us know how it goes!

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! I was unaware that iOS would change the file names, so that's good to know for the future. I'm very very very anti-formatting for these cards, I understand that's what RaceMe says to do, but reading through threads on this forum, most people immediately encounter problems after formatting; hence why I recommend not doing it. I've been on the same card since day one, and have gone through 5 firmware upgrades and countless WARP tune files, and haven't encountered any issues following the steps I outline in the video.

I'd imagine you are correct that your situation was exacerbated by the Apple computer, so I hope that RaceMe can get you squared away and you can be up and running! Please let us know how it goes!
    Very happy to report that my IT friend got it done!! I picked up the card from him and plugged it into the tuner and bam - it updated! He made my day by getting it to work!

One last question: Does anyone know if I can program the truck and then completely remove the RaceMe Ultra hardware. It have read two different things. One said yes and the other said no, you'll get a CEL with no codes. Do you know a definitive answer on that? I just want to do the EGR, DPF, DEF delete and otherwise run stock and forget about it.

12. Thanks RamIt, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

Very happy to report that my IT friend got it done!! I picked up the card from him and plugged it into the tuner and bam - it updated! He made my day by getting it to work!

One last question: Does anyone know if I can program the truck and then completely remove the RaceMe Ultra hardware. It have read two different things. One said yes and the other said no, you'll get a CEL with no codes. Do you know a definitive answer on that? I just want to do the EGR, DPF, DEF delete and otherwise run stock and forget about it.
    Glad to hear!! And yes you can program and then remove the ultra. Shouldn't give you any issues

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, theaaronbush liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

@OldSchoolDiesel
    You can but I'd keep it in your truck somewhere. Never know when you may need to reflash for whatever reasons may arise.

16. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, theaaronbush liked this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast