Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 68 rfe relearn of clutch packs

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68 rfe relearn of clutch packs

I have search is site and many others trying to learn of this relearn process. So far I understand it is the ecu learning the fill capacities of the clutch packs...so I think. I also understand, or think when you change the ecu settings, not rt settings, the learning process starts over. Am I right and what is the Benifit of city driving over highway driving?? Is it city driving gets to the fill capacity faster,ie more shifts, over highway driving?? Can anyone pointe me in the dirrection of reading material so I can understand what and why we are doing. Thank you in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68 rfe relearn of clutch packs

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins smoke View Post
    I have search is site and many others trying to learn of this relearn process. So far I understand it is the ecu learning the fill capacities of the clutch packs...so I think. I also understand, or think when you change the ecu settings, not rt settings, the learning process starts over. Am I right and what is the Benifit of city driving over highway driving?? Is it city driving gets to the fill capacity faster,ie more shifts, over highway driving?? Can anyone pointe me in the dirrection of reading material so I can understand what and why we are doing. Thank you in advance.
    The reading you're looking for is in the premium members section. But you are on the right thought process. The repeated process of filling the volume through shifting through the gears is better than than 1 shift through. Maybe someone else can give more insight.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Cummins smoke This might add some insight
    http://www.revmaxconverters.com/medi...tions_revE.pdf
    been here done this

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Cummins7, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

looking for advice. I have a opportunity to get a ton of easy firewood. I just updated my raceme and flashed ecm. I have about 20 miles since flash an get 10-20 tonight, all under 30 percent throttle an no load. I have to get trailer tonight it's 16ft. landscape. I have a 40 Mile highway drive to the wood. An I pushing it on the relearn or do I finad another truck? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

6. Likes Chad Biddix liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You're fine. Tow easy. No problems.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    You're fine. Tow easy. No problems.
    if the load is 10-14k will I still be fine?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yes. Just go easy with it.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

11. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Yes. Just go easy with it.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    @Cummins smoke This might add some insight
    http://www.revmaxconverters.com/medi...tions_revE.pdf
    been here done this
    Intresting read. I wasn't aware of how many shifts actually needed to take place for the relearn or the fact that highway miles didn't count.

That is very concerning and may explain a lot of the transmission issues I've been experiencing. Time to reflash and relearn this weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Once you're on the highway, the trans isn't shifting, so it isn't learning.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, RamIt liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast