I wasn't sure if this is the right area to post this sorry if it is and is a problem.
I bought a used 13 2500 it had about 50k miles on it and the truck is pretty clean inside and out however all windows are scratched. The driver and passenger the worse. They are deep scratches on outside that catch your fingernails. I'm assuming they can't be fixed and got a quote from one glass place so far that it'd be about 700$ to replace. I've been wanting to tint the windows to keep the heat down and help protect the interior from uv. A tint guy told me since the tint is on inside and scratches on the outside the scratches will be very visable. I don't want to waste money on tint and make it look worse than already is and hopefully replace down the line and pay for tint again.
I was curious if anyone has had problems with scratches? I see work trucks that go through hell and constantly dirty and don't have scratches like these. Also if anyone knows better places to get replacement glass and what would need to be done to prevent new glass from scratches, such as really clean the felts and window guides?
Any input is appreciated thanks!