After converting to HB on Ol' Patches I had noticed that the fluid has a heck of a lot hotter then it used to be when it was just running through the PS box.

So I decided I wanted to put some sort of fluid cooler on it. Lots of after market products available, but Being the cheap bugger I am I went to the wrecker and crawled around all kinds of vehicle until I found a cooler on a early 2000-ish Dodge mini van I thought might work...$15! The cooler is for the Crack and Peanut steering system, and is mounted in the sub frame under the front floor boards of the mini van.

I have had this for a couple months and from time to time I would try and find a place to mount it. Well I finally came up with a spot I was happy with, so I got it installed the other day.

I first had to drill out the lower mounting point....used my step drill to take it out to about 5/8 I guess?

Then I removed the upper bolt for the PS/Vacuum pump unit, and installed the cooler there.

Then plumbed it up. I did find that it was easier to install the hoses with the cooler removed. I put on about 12" pieces of 3/8" PS hose, and then re-installed the cooler.