Been wanting to change the standard 1st gen chrome power side mirrors on my doors for a while. Didn't want to move the stainless tow mirrors and arms over from my original 84 doors...didn't wan the extra holes in my doors.

So I had been trying to come up with something that would give me better mirrors for towing, and not mess up the current mounting on the door. Well I finally came up with something.

First here is a pic of the OEM side mirror and the new style I wanted to put on.

And the little arms used to hold these onto the stainless tow mirror brackets...

What I found was that the OD of the tow mirror 90* bends, and the OD of the shaft, the chrome mirror uses were the same...Bingo! That was the info I needed.

I tried to come up with something that would be a simple drop in, but couldn't find anything. So went to plan "B"....lets make what we want.

First I measured the depth of the threaded portion on the 90...then gave an extra 1/4" and marked that out....that will be where my cut will go.

Then a bit of cutting on the chop saw...