Thanks Thanks:  223
Likes Likes:  990
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Trailers Behind Ya

1. Top Of Page | #211
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: RV Trailers Behind Ya

First pull with the 6.7 and 6 speed and 342 gear .. just as a comparison from our 2007 5.9- 373 gear and Built 48 trans i really am not that impressed with the 6.7 . must be the 342 gear . with Tow haul button on it shifts good and different rpms but it will kick out of 6th at a grade ? The 5.9 with the 4 speed was solid 1700 rpm @ 65 towing and with many cost to coast 7.800 miles trips it was very rare to kick down a gear up any grade and if it did it usually startled me be cause i never realized i was going up a grade ? Oh Now same trailer im @ 10.5 MPG and the 5.9 was 15 mpg towing . I may re-gear this just so a damn 5.9 does not pass me up a grade LOL , This is our travel trailer 5k lbs downsized from a Tri axle 8k Rapter TH think we are around 10.000 under towing weight.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Noneck, SyN, watersupply189, Rabbit thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #212

User Info Menu

Not a fan of the 3.42 gears at all. Especially towing my 9k travel trailer with 35s.

I only tow it a couple times a year but if I did it regularly

I'd regear without a doubt.

Been considering it for years honestly.

Stupid move on Dodges part on an effort to boost mileage which is still worse than my 2003 ever was.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

4. Top Of Page | #213
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

This truck has 18' wheels when we purchased from original owner.

Stock was 17" the tires are brand new or i would go back to stock knowing it has a 342.

Most likely going to install 373 gear again.

My speedo is off 5 mph so it looks like 65 mph is 1500 rpm.

When it dropped to 5th gear @ 65 on the grades it was around 2200 rpm.

Me thinks it would hold 6th @ 1700 rpm with 373.

Any one have the 373?

That could tell us what rpm your at with the 6 speed and how it pulls in 6th gear really curious?

5. Likes watersupply189, Murph liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #214

User Info Menu

I don't think they recommend towing in 6th with the 68RFE trans anyway.

And what difference does 18 vs 17 make?

Aside from sidewall height being different for the same size tire, it really doesn't matter.

If I were to do wheels, I'd actually go for 18s.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

7. Top Of Page | #215
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

About 1 1/2 inch taller tire from what is stock vs these tires . that was enough to change the speedo 5mph ..sometimes small changes make a big difference ..I agree if i were in the desert doing flats or Kansas cruising 6th would not bother me. Mountains may be best to stay in 5th with the 342 even with such a lite trailer . like to here other comments on towing with the 342 also.. Tow Haul selection is what is designed for towing they should have locked out 6th if it was not recommended ..Hard to believe towing with this gear would be recommended anyway LOL It would most likely stay in 5th in the mountains in tow haul mode anyway . not much for hearing it kick down all the time sure that would be annoying and hard on the trans anyway

8. Likes rklus16, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #216

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gearheadgregg View Post
    This truck has 18' wheels when we purchased from original owner. Stock was 17" the tires are brand new or i would go back to stock knowing it has a 342 . Most likely going to install 373 gear again . My speedo is off 5 mph so it looks like 65 mph is 1500 rpm . when it dropped to 5th gear @ 65 on the grades it was around 2200 rpm . Me thinks it would hold 6th @ 1700 rpm with 373 . Any one have the 373 ? that could tell us what rpm your at with the 6 speed and how it pulls in 6th gear really curious ?
    I tow in 6th gear all the time.

I have my 68RFE tuned as well as the DPF and scr “upgrade” and it never downshifts. I have 20” wheels with 1” taller and 1” wider tires than stock. I get 11.5 mpg pulling my 11k fifth wheel at 75mph.

At 75 I’m right around 1700 rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #217

User Info Menu

Welp traded in our Puma 31BHSS for a Fuzion 373.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #218

User Info Menu

RT: what is your dry weight?

Just curious due to I'm keeping notes of other 2500 owners whom are towing RVs similar to what the wife will eventually pick out...
    Right now - I feel Loaded 13K-15K lb loaded is the heaviest I care to be...

Edit: I found the info I think I needed seems the 373 weights in around 14,195 dry.

Seems I need to focus in on 11K-12K dry weight RVs.

Anyway: Your Fuzion is a Beauty!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #219

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    RT: what is your dry weight? Just curious due to I'm keeping notes of other 2500 owners whom are towing RVs similar to what the wife will eventually pick out...
    Right now - I feel Loaded 13K-15K lb loaded is the heaviest I care to be...

Edit: I found the info I think I needed seems the 373 weights in around 14,195 dry.
    Seems I need to focus in on 11K-12K dry weight RVs.

Anyway: Your Fuzion is a Beauty!
    Yeah I don’t want to get into a weight police discussion.

But after doing tons of research and looking at more than I wanted.

This floor plan was what fit us. Y

ou are dead on with the spec weights and I’ll go ahead a throw in that it towed beautifully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #220
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

We liked the fuzion ..Very nice but if were going big again my ego makes me want this to tow

17. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, Murph liked this post
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast