Hey all! First time posting here, thought maybe could gain some help with an issue I'm having.

Chances are there is another thread on this, but I'm on my phone and in very limited service - I honestly don't know if I'll have the connection time to look up what I need - hence my plea for help.

Here's what I have: 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, stock.

About six months ago I hit the road (my lady and I are traveling the USA for the next year) and before that I replaced:

Lift pump
Fuel filter
Feed/return lines at engine (with marine grade bio-compatible line)

About three months ago, upon arriving in Arizona, and after a few REALLY hot days, I noticed our truck didn't want to stay running after starting. It would fire right up, then after a minute or two would grumble and die. I figured I had a leak somewhere in the fuel line and was losing my prime. This problem would happen intermittently, and stayed the same for about a month, until couple weeks ago.

At this point the truck began to have this after-starting / loss of prime issue nearly every day. It used to take a day or two for this to happen, but now within 24 hours it would resurface.

In desperation I researched and deduced I should buy a couple parts to replace. So, I then replaced:

90° hose from lift pump to pre-filter
Fuel-heater delete, new pre-filter screen
Re-tightened all new feed/return hoses
New overflow valve

Problem solved, right? Nope...
Now the truck doesn't seem to want to start at all without a little push on the pedal (never did this before) and when she fires up white smoke blows out the exhaust (air in fuel, right?)

After a minute or two of running, same thing happens again - engine sputters and dies.

If I catch the sputter in time and push the pedal down I can plow through the air leak and regain prime, at which point the truck *seems* to run fine.

Where could this leak be? Or is it multiple leaks? Do I need to redo the hoses at the fuel tank? Please no...

Please take into account that right now I'm traveling and living on the road. I have most tools I need for repairs, but I am not in a position to buy specialty items for a one-time job. I don't have access to a garage, and don't have much money to spend or throw at parts. If I have to I'll take her to a diesel mechanic, but I'd really hope to do the work myself.

If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears and appreciate any help. Thank you!