Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Angry DO NOT USE AIR DOG I am sorry to say this.

OK You wonder why I say this. It's coincidence I brought up the filter conversation. But as said, I have always had the filters on my mind. Well today, I found the cause of my woes with injectors.

This is what my setup looks like.

I still didn't get my truck started. But I thought I would drain the filters again just to be sure. This time I got a stream of rust out of the air dog water separator. Time to investigate. I took the filter down and found this. Oh Oh

Then I looked at the pump and found the tube in the pump rusty too. Makes me wonder what else rusted in there.

Then I took down the 2nd filter and drained that and found more rust in the element and in the bottom of the trap. The rust from the Air Dog contaminated the 2nd filter. The rust wipes off #2.

It ticks me off because I drain these all the time and change them twice a year. If the tube rusted, it makes me wonder what else is rusting inside the pump. Logic would say to use the manufacturers product, but I have always questioned it with them. My instincts were right all along.

First thing I need to do is get this running. When Alex and I were laser reading the exhaust manifold, there was as much as a 30 degree difference between the cylinders. Top temp at the time was 160*. 20% is significant. Some of those injectors only have 5000 miles on them

I sent an email to my lawyer. This is not right. This means we bought this for extra protection and it's costing us money. I want all the money back spent the last year. And here we are chasing an ECU

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Polaraco; 10-14-2012 at 06:09 PM.

2. Thanks K-Sons thanked for this post