User Info Menu

Very nice job!

4. Thanks filthyrich thanked for this post
    Likes filthyrich liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Cummins Conversion in a 935 Versatile Tractor

I'm a big VT903 fan, sad to see another having to be replaced. Parts are scarce because the military uses that motor in the Bradley and all the part numbers are captive. The parts are still made, just not available to the general public.

That VT903 was a 330hp motor in that application, not 180hp

Your road speed is slow because it is geared for a high RPM V8, not and lower rpm inline 6

Can the fan bracket not be adjusted to properly tension the loose belts? Looks like it has A belts, maybe swapping pulleys the larger B belts would help?

If I end up buying a truck I have my eye on I'd be interested in parts on the 903 that came out of this versatile

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't know much about the vt903. When I joined the project it was already removed. The engine was traded in at the wreckers and is long gone. They know the value of it too. The belts get hot and stretch. No matter how tight the tensioner is. changing the pulleys to b belts means a lot of work again and changing the diameters changes the fan speed. They are ok with the setup as it is. Thanks for the input!