Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Filtration for the common rail. The debate begins

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Troy Get his can in here!

Thanks Diggy. Ya done good

I am shying away from the NAPA because I don't know who made them. They were bought by a purchasing agent that is clueless. For all I know, the elements are made of rice paper. Not what I want.

Even Elaine looked at me is shock when I announced this filter fiasco

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

ya no probs man,,,they were in my breeFCAse,,LOL

but they are 10 times better then ad filters ....

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I dunno. Should I scrap the AD and install a FASS with the fleetguard filter system and run the Cat filter too?

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

I am sure we could build a filter system. Fairly easily, and using parts from some oil burners, it can be done.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Top Of Page | #35
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I dunno. Should I scrap the AD and install a FASS with the fleetguard filter system and run the Cat filter too?
    As far as I know the Airdogs use Fleetgaurd filters that are just repainted with the Airdog logo. When I had to start changing filters I have been using Fleetgaurd filters. It looked to me that the Fleetgaurd and the Airdog filters were identicle. I have read that there are different manufacturing locations in many different countries for the Fleetgaurd filters (as well as other brands of filters)...it is possible that there are different quailities for the same filter...or even some cheaply made knock offs out on the market.

I suspect you have bigger problems to figure out first...namely, why and how lots of water got into your fuel.

6. Top Of Page | #36
    Permanent Vacation dodgeram082500's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'm with stew you need to check with the fueling station you've been using also 90% of injector failures are either from water in fuel or foriegn debris they hardly ever wear out

Last edited by dodgeram082500; 10-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.

7. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Water won't bother them as long as it's clean. It's the dirt that does these in.

8. Top Of Page | #38
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Steve you'r truck is sucking air. I'll explain why later.

9. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Then why does the tank siphon?

10. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

I give up. There is not enough water collected to make a difference or raise a alarm. You're forgetting the truck sits for weeks at a time. But it's always been like that.

Since I would drain it at least once a month, I have never seen any great deals of water in the system ever. It's been in there for 5 years! There are 2 connections between the tank and the pump.

Regardless, the filters should NEVER rust that bad. What are they thinking? The cat filter is only coated with rust from the air dog. They need better materials!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast