Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2006 guage cluster

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2006 guage cluster

Has anyone had issues with the tachometer not reading accurate? Or does anyone know where I could get a new guage cluster cheap?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Explain more

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well the rpm guage reads 400 less than what the engine is running at. Its on an 06 5.9 CR

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Gotta ask, anything done to the truck? Programmer? And how do you know the tach is off? When did you first notice it, and what changed on the truck around that time?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

2006 guage cluster

My 06 does the same thing it's common in the 06-07 I just never had mine fixed yet and I don't know what cause it either. All I know is it's something with the gauge cluster.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Nothing has been done to the truck other than straight pipe. The truck has never had a tuner or anything aftermarket done to it. I noticed it as soon as I brought it home from the dealer. And I have had my regular mechanic hook his engine scanner up to the truck and the computer read normal engine rpm and the guage was 400 under what the computer read.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob d View Post
    My 06 does the same thing it's common in the 06-07 I just never had mine fixed yet and I don't know what cause it either. All I know is it's something with the gauge cluster.
    I didn't know that! Thanks

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes rob d liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mine has a mind of its own as well. Mostly only works at night. That's why I call it dracula. LOL. I just never addressed it.

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Does anyone know a good place to buy a re-man guage cluster