Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Transmissions

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Monster Transmissions

20141107_152619.jpg Just wondering if anyone have heard of Monster transmissions. I'm looking to get one that will handle the power (@ 450 hp)and weight with trailer (@21500). Or any other ideas of a good trany.

Thanks
    Fuzzy

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I can only recommend what I use and abuse on a daily basis, Firepunk Diesel. I'm running their competition stage 2 48re in my early '07, currently at 800rwhp with no problems. For your application I'd go with their tow master or their street/strip build. Either one paired with an aftermarket auxiliary transmission cooler would be ideal for towing. Give them a call, 1-614-733-3744, or visit their website.

http://www.firepunk.com/trans.php

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info never heard of them usually it's ATS or SUNCO. Still have the original trany in it with only 334000 miles.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've heard nothing but good things from firepunk customers. Stay away from ATS. They'll do everything they can to get out of fixing their products when you try to warranty it when it fails

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

We are an authorized dealer for several different brands of transmissions but we always recommend Firepunk.

6. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Thanks for the info never heard of them usually it's ATS or SUNCO. Still have the original trany in it with only 334000 miles.
    That says allot about your driving! 334K! Excellent

And they said these transmissions are junk. HAH!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks, the truck is turned up 75 over with an Injen air intake and flo pro exhaust. If I keep my foot out of it it will get 24 to 26mpg at 70mph.

9. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks, the truck is turned up 75 over with an Injen air intake and flo pro exhaust. If I keep my foot out of it it will get 24 to 26mpg at 70mph.
    I hate you. LOL

What have you done to the truck to accomplish that kind of mileage??? Is that hand calculated or from the overhead?

Is that a late 04 or an early 04

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Early 04 not 04.5. Had injectors(+40), and pick up pump replaced. Now I did blow up the first transfer case(OOOPPPSSS). the tuner is a Bully dog GT on the performance setting (+75)and that's about it. Airbags in the rear to handle the trailer and the gang box in the bed. The tires are 285/70r17 nothing special. The Injen intake suppose increase 10-20% along with the exhaust. I'm a firm believer the better they breath the better they run.

12. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Early 04 not 04.5. Had injectors(+40), and pick up pump replaced. Now I did blow up the first transfer case(OOOPPPSSS). the tuner is a Bully dog GT on the performance setting (+75)and that's about it. Airbags in the rear to handle the trailer and the gang box in the bed. The tires are 285/70r17 nothing special. The Injen intake suppose increase 10-20% along with the exhaust. I'm a firm believer the better they breath the better they run.
    Yeah Me too. The first things I did were air and exhaust mods.

I have +50 HP sticks. Haven't been able to break 21 on a RWD 03. Same trucks. It's not the driving habits either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast