Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Running out of pep past 2500rpm with the 4k governor spring kit

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Running out of pep past 2500rpm with the 4k governor spring kit

Ive got the 215 p7100 injection pump, I installed the 4k governor spring kit, ive installed them to the same stud protrusion as stock as instruction said to do, afterwards I gave them a couple more clicks in, seemed to of helped but it seems like truck doesnt have all the power that it should above 2500 rpm. truck has an insane amount of power up to that. best way to describe it; seems like its got all the torque(low end) in the world but lacking horsepower(higher end).
    anyone have any sugestions? the one thing im gonna check is to make sure that with pedal to the metal, that its pulling the lever full throtle.

thx

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Stock injectors? dvs? turbo? need some more information. most stock trucks with just 4k's will be better at the top end but you have to think that on the stock turbo/fuel system it will run out of juice so to speak. have a video? any noise? smoke?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

heres what my setup has: hx35w 7 blade turbo, ive cross drilled the wastegate and ported and polished the exhaust housing as good as i could. 215hp p7100 injection pump with; 191 delivery valves, 4k governor springs, 40 hp injectors, ive ground down the afc leg so it can travel further, played with adjustment to make it so it would have full fuel at 20 psi boost. left the "smoke screw" alone, ive also gave the governor springs a couple extra "clicks" in. seemed to have helped a little. 45 psi fass fuel lift pump. set the timing to 21*, 60 lbs valve spings. head studs. ported and polished the head as good as possible.
    truck poors out the smoke pretty good but clears up fairly quickly, which i find weird cause im pretty sure that with that turbo i shouldnt be able to really clear the smoke, should be much more fuel than available air thats for sure.
    previously when the truck had the original injection pump(ve rotary pump), i had done all the mods to that one as well. but i definatly had a much longer power band. i could go up to about 3500 rpm before it was out of pep( but definatly not as much power as now).
    truck also has water methanol injection
    not sure what to think about it.
    thx for the help

4. Top Of Page | #4
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

You have to adjust the fuel screw