Hey everybody this is my first post here. I am looking for some knowledge.
I recently swapped a 92 12 valve into my 2001 f350 6 speed 4x4. Prior to pulling the 12 valve out of the dodge (auto, 2wd) it was getting a respectable 26 mpg. This was in November so the temps weren't super low yet and I am pretty sure the fuel at the pump was winterized already. As far as I know the engine was a 1 owner older gentleman and is bone stock. It had 330000 KILOMETERS on it
Now the swap is completed and fummins is now on the road but getting only about 15 mpg. The temps are wicked cold right now. Truck fires up Instantly and runs pretty good. For the first few minutes it will fart a bit when I rev it. But it always seems to have some blue smoke. My thought is injectors. If they are original they could be getting tired and leaking a bit? Anyway I have ordered new injectors to install and just wondering if maybe there is something else I should be looking at as well. I plan on keeping the engine stock I don't give a rats @$$ about stop light racing or pumping black smoke everywhere.
any advice is much appreciated.