Thanks Thanks:  92
Likes Likes:  119
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Programming Issue After RaceME Install?

1. Top Of Page | #11

Programming Issue After RaceME Install?

RaceME tech support got back to me with the how-to guide, and the only difference is RaceME had me leave the DPS plugged in and open it to the atmosphere.

Then I returned to stock and programmed it once again, and it's still the same issue.

I just wanted to share what I have been up to.

My truck now ramps up from 800 RPMs from 2000 to 3000 RPMS, and the pedal is dead once I reach 55ish mph.

I'm attaching a little video clip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qqd...w?usp=drivesdk

Thanks

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Programming Issue After RaceME Install?

Is the P2122 low circuit DTC causing the lightning bolt on the dash?

I recall, after so many key cycles, it could throw the truck into limp mode.

The tuning was from Explosive Diesel?

I have never heard of them personally, but I wouldn't ever want to run with an unknown source tuner for dictating how my rig should run.

I had a similar situation with running EFI Live V3.

I had issues actually similar to yours.

Driving up reverse up the driveway, it would cut out and come back alive, popped a few codes which one was "fuel rail relief valve activated" which sends fuel back to the tank.

Did data logs, sent to tuner to review, stated I needed a new CP3 pump....

Tossed a grand plus at the truck, same results.

Threw up my exact issues on here, was told it sounds like bad tuning, and I bit the bullet and went with the MM3 platform.

From that day forward, not one single issue has happened with tune related scenarios.

DRD at the time was still available, it was the smartest decision I could possibly do with my wallet and better yet, my truck.

With this being said, the big man is no longer available, but becoming A Plus member will be the smartest move you could do for your rig, you're wallet, and letting the Cummins act like it should.

I try not to bad mouth other tuners work, but the simple fact is, many have no clue nor care what they create, they know you'll be back for troubleshooting, and updated tunes, which means more of their time, which means more wasted money.

We are here for you; in the path you choose to go.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks AK Bob, Backwoodshog, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

The Tuning was built from RaceME Direct.

Explosive diesel had the rest of the parts I needed in the kit.

I love the Ultra's options and wanted to try them and hear good things.

Reading through forums, it sounds like this is a common issue on certain Cummins making me think the tuning needs to be more individual-specific.

I had an EFI live with the in dash dial on my 2016 Cummins, but it sucked for any data or play tools.

It ran great with never an issue until the guy lost control in a 25 mph come and total my truck while it was parked in my driveway.

I ran Mini Maxx on all my Fords, and those ran great.

The only reason I deleted my truck like any other with def is the def service code came on and said my tank heater was out in my def tank.

Like all my other trucks, I'm not fixing the DE; I'm getting rid of it.

I've run through the wires again and again with no luck.

I even unplugged the a/c in some of the same harnesses of most of the EGR, thinking it may be causing feed issues.

6. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'm thinking of possibilities for you and to save future headaches down the road.

I have learned and still trying to refrain from tossing handfuls of cash at the truck without knowing the exact issues.

Most times in the past, the parts I thought that would fix the issue, never make a difference and typically feel more aggravated in the end.

If I can come up with another suggestion, I'll let you know.

My issue before with Efi live wasn't the platform itself, but the person doing it was unknowledgeable, and at the time that was my only point of contact.

IMO, the MM3 supersedes any other platform out for a Cummins.

Mini Maxx is very outdated as well with no support to be had.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Top Of Page | #15

Random thing today while working on diagnosis of the truck. Left the app unplugged and started the truck .

The low fuel icon came up and started flashing and then the message display showed fuel sensor fail and flashing back and forth with that and the normal service electronic control module.

Scanned the DTC's and p2122 and now a p0463 and the truck idles for about 10 seconds and then dies.

Plugged the app back in and cleared the DTC's but the low fuel light and lighting bolt are now both flashing and my fuel gauge isn't working.

So curious did this point me in the right direction of what may have been causing the p2122?

Thanks

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodshog View Post
    Random thing today while working on diagnosis of the truck. Left the app unplugged and started the truck .

The low fuel icon came up and started flashing and then the message display showed fuel sensor fail and flashing back and forth with that and the normal service electronic control module.

Scanned the DTC's and p2122 and now a p0463 and the truck idles for about 10 seconds and then dies.

Plugged the app back in and cleared the DTC's but the low fuel light and lighting bolt are now both flashing and my fuel gauge isn't working.

So curious did this point me in the right direction of what may have been causing the p2122?

Thanks
    I was afraid that you may run into a limp mode situation.

I noticed the lightning bolt the other day on your video clip.

I'm going to suggest reaching out to obtaining quality tunes man.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    I was afraid that you may run into a limp mode situation.

I noticed the lightning bolt the other day on your video clip.

I'm going to suggest reaching out to obtaining quality tunes man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodshog View Post

Thanks
    I tend to agree with Corkey, you may be looking at a tuning issue.

The APP is wired directly to the PCM whereas the fuel level sensor is a direct input to the BCM then sent to the PCM via CAN bus.

I don’t see any direct relationship between the P2122 and P0463 trouble codes.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Thanks Corkey, Backwoodshog, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

The symptoms just started after the installation of the RaceME, which makes more sense as to it being the way they had created the file.

If everything was working correctly for a while after installation, then it could be a different story.

I, for one, know the frustrations you most likely have right now.

I went from tuner to tuner to now the MM3.

I don't know if WARP tunes are achievable, but you may look into that.

You don't know what you don't know, trying to do the right things for our rigs and allowing them to breathe, longevity, and work like a diesel should.

But, going with someone who knows what they're doing is avoiding all the future headaches like the situation you're unfortunately in.

You're on the right track to being a Plus LPM.

13. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

The message center flashes between fuel sensor failure and the service electronic throttle control.

It's a bummer, but we will get through it.

Now, it doesn't even want to start rolling over and rolling.

I sent it to RaceME, but I may need the custom tunes unless RaceME comes through.

Thanks again everyone.

15. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

I'm not saying this is your issue, but when I had questions, I found two RaceME sites online, one in Canada and one in Europe.

The one in Canada is the only one you want to deal with because the one in Europe was bricking people's ECS's.

I found this out because I was emailing the wrong place at one point with no response, not realizing there were two different places.

I got ahold of RaceME Canada, and he told me what I am speaking of.

He highly recommended getting the tuner, if needed in the future, from them, and he may still have the list of vendors on there not to purchase from because of what this guy is doing.

Thankfully, my issue at the time was just battery voltage and not a bricked ECU, and I hope this isn't your issue.

17. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast