Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Need Recommendations for a Drop-in Turbo

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need Recommendations for a Drop-in Turbo

So I've been experiencing issues with my actuator/turbo throwing codes. After talking to a friend of mine who is a mechanic and taking into account the fact that the truck is at 180,000 miles, I'm looking into replacing the turbo. Stock truck, so looking into aftermarket VGTs. Anyone have a preference on which one is the best. The two I have researched the most are the Fleece Cheetah and the Calibrated Power Stealth 64. Maybe there are others out there for a similar price that I haven't come across yet. I'm not looking to spend more than I absolutely have to and I've noticed the prices tend to vary quite a bit. Does anyone have an opinion on which is the best turbo on the market, or a preference between the two I mentioned?

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Need Recommendations for a Drop-in Turbo

With my personal opinion, go with the cheetah.

They have top notch customer service, warranty for products, and reliable.

I had a cheetah in the beginning once I bought my Cummins and only had on the truck very briefly.

Reason being, I was after power and didn't know much on the differences on the VGT's and 2nd gen swaps until after the purchase, had money and bought the swap instead.

It's a true bolt on turbo with no other purchases needed.

I stated on another member's thread which I stand corrected, they come with an OEM HOLESET or Fleeces actuators.

I noticed a bit of increase on power when I had it in and sounded great and seemed to spool quicker than the stock one.

I don't have any personal experience with the stealth, but I couldn't say one negative this about the cheetah, other than they are spendy.

We'll, every VGT has a big price tag, but you get what you pay for with Fleece.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks Bustedgrills, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@DDP Any recommendations or suggestions? How do the City Diesel turbos with their actuators stack up?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tag! Our turbocharger with the city diesel actuator is definitely my favorite for sure! However fleece and calibrated power are awesome too!

Ours differes as our rings are nitrided and the little tabs that are soot prone are removed. all new parts, nothing is remanufactured at all. Plus the awesome city diesel actuator! Only one on the market that offers it with it.

Feel free to take a look and give us a call or email for any questions as it's much easier to discuss over the phone.

https://ddpmotorsports.com/collectio...turbo-actuator

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com