Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Cummins Catch Can?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cummins Catch Can?

Does anyone have a catch can installed?

I had one on my RAM 1500 that I was happy with, so I spoke with Mighty Mouse, and they sold me a conversion kit for the internal part of the catch-can for the diesel motor.

Does anyone have pictures of where you mounted it?

Also, is it safe to assume I'd plug the line into the turbo and route the CCV line to the catch-can, or would you route the CCV to the inlet and the outlet of the can to the turbo?

Thank you for any input or advice

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins Catch Can?

Quote Originally Posted by Bustedgrills View Post
    Does anyone have a catch can installed?

I had one on my RAM 1500 that I was happy with, so I spoke with Mighty Mouse, and they sold me a conversion kit for the internal part of the catch-can for the diesel motor.

Does anyone have pictures of where you mounted it?

Also, is it safe to assume I'd plug the line into the turbo and route the CCV line to the catch-can, or would you route the CCV to the inlet and the outlet of the can to the turbo?

Thank you for any input or advice

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    The best place to mount one is difficult because it's best to put the can lower than the CCV, but I mounted mine next to the radiator degassing bottle.

The CCV outlet hose to the can inlet, then I ran the can outlet hose down to vent to the atmosphere and plugged the intake hole. I do have a gutter CCV, though.

Some costly valve covers have a catch can that mounts above the high-pressure fuel pump and drains any oil back to the oil pan, but you're looking at something like $1000+ for one of those setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk