Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Switch From MM3 To EFI Live?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Switch From MM3 To EFI Live?

Hello, I have a 2017 RAM 2500.

I've used the MM3 for a year, and my VGT took a ****.

I bought a 3rd gen swap and S366 turbo with EFI Live tunes.

My question is this: The shop that did the weight loss on my truck also installed the MM3 and did not back up the stock tune file.

My EFI Live guy told me it's okay, and I don't have to return to stock on a 2017.

He says the Auto Cal will overwrite the MM3 tunes with no issues.

Does anyone have experience with this?

The last thing I want to do is brick my computer.

Thanks!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Switch From MM3 To EFI Live?

I would Flash back to the stock file on the Auto-cal.

Do not start the truck, and have a charger on the battery.

Once the stock file is uploaded, it'll tell you to cycle the key on and off a few times.

Once the prompts tell you it's complete and successful, remove the key from the ignition and wait a minute.

Then proceed with the custom files, the "patch file," upload that over the stock file, and go through the prompts again.

What I mean by uploading over the stock file is just applying that file to the ECM right after the stock file " without starting."

If you try to start the engine right after the stock file, you'll throw several codes and will have to clear all the DTCs and re-upload from the beginning.

I had EFI and dealt with these symptoms personally, but I switched to the MM3 .

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Switch From MM3 To EFI Live?

@BadMotherTrucker

Any success on the issue?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post