Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  31

Thread: Debadged The Cummins!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Debadged The Cummins!

So I've been wanting to remove all emblems besides the front on the grill and finally got to it today.

On the passenger side I have a bit of an issue.

20230610_202436.jpg

20230610_202421.jpg

20230610_202354.jpg

Wet sanding is what I'm thinking

Start to finish, what would you recommend for grit.

I tried with an aggressive cutting wax and still couldn't get it down.

Turned up the speed to max " got hot but no swirl marks."

Note for those that are wanting the emblems off.

Buy the dam eraser wheel.

It took me 3hrs with a concentrated orange/sap remover with using the fishing string method.

The women's hair drier wouldn't get hot enough to use to get the M3 tape to come off.

Plus, people we're out front and I'm not going to get caught with a hair drier on my rig.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Debadged The Cummins!

It came out nice; glad you didn’t get the hair dryer out.

I can just imagine a guy with an IGOTACUMMINS hat and a pink hair dryer, LOL.

I would start with 600 grit wet/dry and work up to 2,000.

This link has some good tips.

https://www.wikihow.com/Wet-Sand-a-Clear-Coat

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Debadged The Cummins!

Thanks, Bob.

Seriously a pita, I have no right thumb now, and I had fragments of tape all over the truck, LOL.

I figured wet sanding would do the trick, and I'll polish it afterward to blend it back in.

Parts of my clear coat are starting to fleck off. :\.

I picked up new supplies for detailing, broke down, and got a foam cannon.

We'll be worth it, but it can seriously chew a liter of soap in no time.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Debadged The Cummins!

Looks good.

A heat gun would get it hot enough to remove the emblems.

You can apply cooking oil to a rag to remove the glue residue or one of those magic erasers, but I would test that in a conspicuous place before going hog wild, LOL.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Debadged The Cummins!

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Looks good.

A heat gun would get it hot enough to remove the emblems.

You can apply cooking oil to a rag to remove the glue residue or one of those magic erasers, but I would test that in a conspicuous place before going hog wild, LOL.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4
    All the residue is 100% off; the passenger side emblem came off and had this nasty stained coat I can't get rid of.

9. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Debadged The Cummins!

You removed the Cummins emblem though?

Some say that is a bad omen for your truck.

I highly suggest you buy some after market blacked out Cummins Turbo Diesel Badges and re equip them ASAP to avoid angering the Diesel Gods.

Everything else looks sexy though, the Diesel Gods like everything else.

Just hurry, it may be a back ordered item.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Debadged The Cummins!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJonJon View Post
    You removed the Cummins emblem though?

Some say that is a bad omen for your truck.

I highly suggest you buy some after market blacked out Cummins Turbo Diesel Badges and re equip them ASAP to avoid angering the Diesel Gods.

Everything else looks sexy though, the Diesel Gods like everything else.

Just hurry, it may be a back ordered item.
    The biggest reason I removed the Cummins badge is, the red color started to fade and looked tacky on the driver side.

The tail gate had no issues other than being a pain while buffing and the compound would smear into the small crevasses.

I'm highly picky when it comes to my truck, other than in August and September during hunting seasons.

Now is my time to wet sand any deep scratches out and apply my ceramic coat for the paint and glass.

Grew up in the detail family so I get everything from my dad basically for free or at wholesale cost.

I need new side mirrors which the front of mine are cracked from last year hunting and hit limbs way to hard.

Hoping to get newer ones with the puddle lights, just haven't looked to much yet on them.

If another badge goes on, It'll be a Trump badge.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post