Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: MaxTow Guages?

1. Top Of Page | #1

MaxTow Guages?

Alright, everyone, I have been checking out boost gauges here for the past day due to my 2nd Gen swap and RaceME Ultra.

I don't know why I never even thought about this, and thankfully DRD helped me confirm this.

So even though my RaceME Ultra has parameters for boost up to give or take 100 psi, it won't read that high, nor will the MM3.

They will only read to 36 psi.

So I have been checking out a company called MaxTow which seems to have some nice-looking gauges.

I like that you don't have to tap your intake horn, according to them.

They sell a thread adapter that screws in by where your OEM grid heater would be.

I will attach some pictures of what I am looking at, and if any of you have done this, please let me know.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MaxTow Guages?

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    Alright, everyone, I have been checking out boost gauges here for the past day due to my 2nd Gen swap and RaceME Ultra.

I don't know why I never even thought about this, and thankfully DRD helped me confirm this.

So even though my RaceME Ultra has parameters for boost up to give or take 100 psi, it won't read that high, nor will the MM3.

They will only read to 36 psi.

So I have been checking out a company called MaxTow which seems to have some nice-looking gauges.

I like that you don't have to tap your intake horn, according to them.

They sell a thread adapter that screws in by where your OEM grid heater would be.

I will attach some pictures of what I am looking at, and if any of you have done this, please let me know.

To get a higher boost reading, you'll need a 10-bar map sensor to see it projected on a monitor visually.

Max psi on a stock map is precisely what you describe as 36 psi.

DRD doesn't tune the 10 bars, if I recall correctly.

Or

You get the external gauge you're seeking.

You shouldn't have an issue if you have no leaks on the line.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

3. Thanks rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    To get a higher boost reading, you'll need a 10-bar map sensor to see it projected on a monitor visually.

Max psi on a stock map is precisely what you describe as 36 psi.

DRD doesn't tune the 10 bars, if I recall correctly.

Or

You get the external gauge you're seeking.

You shouldn't have an issue if you have no leaks on the line.
    I appreciate your feedback.

I didn't know all that.

Usually, I wouldn't care about how much boost I am seeing.

I guess I am just curious, you know.

I am going to get to the order then.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Let me know how you like it.

I prefer old-school analog boost gauge as well.

I even found a nice AC vent pod for it, and I do like the threaded adapter fitting for the boost line -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13415190321...3ABFBM1oOv6-5h

I ran one a decade ago on my old VW with just a manual boost line) and it was flawless as can be.

7. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post