OK, this is the OE kit; the part number I got is 68083853AB (cab and chassis kit are 68083851AB), and the truck is either ordered with it, or a dealer-installed option up to 2012 MY (sales code is ETJ) or the owner installs the kit himself like I am doing.

I have a few questions.

The kit is installed, not entirely, but almost, I have not cut the fuel line because I did not have one of those small fuel line cutters at home, but the wiring is in, and the relay is now tied in for the fuel heater until it gets fuel.

Some questions.

The filter is hard to find; if I do find it, I get many other items, i.e., a new WIF sensor and filter head.

No biggie.

I have found the Baldwin equivalent BF46050 or the Fleetguard FS20303, but the length of this filter leaves the WIF sensor looking vulnerable to a rock or anything.

I will build a shield for it, but I'd like to use a shorter filter.

The 2013 and later RAMs have already incorporated this filter with a WIF sensor in the back, I have done these for pals, and the WIF is different, no big deal; I can change/buy that, but is the filter thread the exact and oring location?

The 2013 and later primary filter is a shorter unit and very easy to locate.

This would leave it better protected too.

Maybe just going to have to buy a filter and see if it fits.

This is the complete kit: (getting this for $60, killer price BTW)

And this is what I get for ordering just the filter, and they are coming with a new filter head, heater, and WIF sensor.