Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: 2010 6.7L Cummins - 2nd Gen Swap?

1. Top Of Page | #1

2010 6.7L Cummins - 2nd Gen Swap?

Hey everyone!

I'm looking into 2nd Gen swapping my 2010 6.7L Cummins.

I am currently running a Banks Monster RAM intake elbow, H&S Mini Maxx Tuner, Fully Deleted, 4-inch turbo back exhaust, and currently on stock fuel.

Looking into head studs, bigger injectors, and lift pump in the future.

I was thinking about going s464 for a good powerful daily driver.

So my question is would that be my best bet?

I know on stock fuel that, it will be harder to spool, but I plan on changing that soon.

My end goal is to have a 7-800hp daily driver truck, and I'm just starting with the 2nd Gen swap for apparent reasons, LOL.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

For those hp goals, go with the S467.

An S464 is limited to around 600.

The 64 will spool fine on stock fuel, and this also goes hand in hand with the tuner.

Studs are a safe reassurance either way.

Depending on mileage, I would personally take the head in to get it resurfaced to ensure it's truly flat.

Most go with 100% over injectors, 10M CP3, FASS or air dog 165GPH lift pump, and a reliable custom tuning to work everything perfectly.

Before going about the swap kit, I would switch the H&S to an MM3 before anything else.

Box tuning, compared to custom tuning, is like going from Hillary Clinton to Carmen Electra.

Hell of a big difference, and you get what you pay for.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, BrentM, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Yeah, with 204k on the clock, I'll look into getting the head resurfaced and head studs, along with an updated MM3 tuner.

I was trying to get custom tunes for my H&S but quickly learned to give up my hopes on that one.

I see that you're running a setup very similar to what I was looking into as far as the 60HP sticks, 33% CP3, S464 2nd gen swap, the FASS 165, and the MM3 tuner.

How do you like it, and how's the performance overall?

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Before going about the swap kit, I would switch the H&S out to A MM3 before anything else.

Box tuning compared to custom tuning is like going from Hillary Clinton to Carmen Electra. He'll of a big difference, and you get what you pay for.
    Hahaha, that is one hell of a big difference.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post