Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  58
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy Here - Need Advice - 2014 RAM 3500 G56 Trans

1. Top Of Page | #1

New Guy Here - Need Advice - 2014 RAM 3500 G56 Trans

Hey, guys new here, looking to get some opinions.

I got a 14 3500 G56 truck.

Really nice truck, pretty done up recently, so everything is new.

WF 467.7, 625 arp's, 125 hp industrial injection injectors, and their 10mm pump, airdog 165, fleece filter block off, built pushrods and springs, 5inch exhaust, G56 truck with dual disk SB, Smelding intake horn, etc.

The thing runs STRONG.

I just got it back after professionally putting in the injectors (the last step to this build), and down low before turbo spools, I get what claims to be a slight injector rattle.

It is pro-tuned by a reputable EZ Lynk guy.

I did have some tunes from Optimal welding, and the timing was so off it sounded even worse as I never had his tunes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Fixes/what's expected?

I did call Industrial, and they said there are flow charts that tuners need to go off of to dial them in correctly, and every injector they claim is put thru all proceeders, same as S&S.

I will say they were very, very nice guys at II.

I am just looking for opinions/help.

Again, truck rights wicked.

2. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker, SyN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I have II products as well.

The bigger injectors you hear could be a difference compared to stock and the 10M CP3 moving more fuel.

I have no experience with those tunes, but if the truck isn't throwing codes "fuel rail pressure low" or bucking or hesitation on the heavy throttle, I would lean toward the tunes you have.

A couple here run the EZ Lynk, but most run with DRD.

Have you done injector balances on the injectors?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Hey, thanks for the response!

So it's throwing no codes, no bucking, no hesitation; it's sat the last two days here in NJ at -7 at night and started like it was 75 degrees out.

It's just that down-low injector rattle sounds slightly like an exhaust leak until it builds boost.

I believe it because when I swapped over to Optimal Welding tunes, it was way worse, and not to bash him, but I never had good luck running his tunes.

My tunes from the shop I use are strong and do run badass.

Regarding balancing and stuff, these injectors have about 20 miles on them.

They were just installed right from II.

They told me there all balanced and calibrated and had flow charts to tune off of.

All the benches are also bosch benches.

They stand by; their products are top-notch, and out of many companies, the II guys were extremely nice to speak with.

Whose tunes are you running with your injectors?

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I talked to Skyler over at II.

I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

I run DRD tunes on the MM3.

I have hadthree3 other tunes\tuners; nothing remotely comes close to his workmanship.

This isn't a sales pitch by any means, but it's the biggest thing you could do for your rig.

Hands down, before and after were huge.

The bottom-end injector sound, with it being -7 out, could very well be the viscosity of the fuel.

Or

It very well could be the tunes you've gone with.

I don't like to bash any other company or tuner, but I would suggest A MM3 with the legend throwing his elbow grease into it.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, rsl0311usmc, SyN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

This is the type of feedback I am looking for, I am a platinum member, and I've emailed back and forth with DRD.

I guess what im getting at is ive spent SO MUCH money.

I dont want to spend more, and there be no change.

What size injectors do you run?

Do you get that rattle/exhaust leak sound down light till the turbo lights?

Thanks so much for all your guys help.

I can get on the DRDs store and order the MM3 asap.

I am very cautious, as nothing in this world is cheap anymore.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Before throwing more money at her, others here will throw out more suggestions to help verify nothing internally is wrong.

I run the 60hp injectors.

I did the 2G swap all at the same time.

I noticed a slight knock\rattle sound, which seemed to be generated from the CP3 or the Injectors; it was hard to decipher.

I never had A exhaust leak sound, though.

Maybe that's a 2nd issue you're hearing.

Possible boost leak, exhaust manifold bolts loose, torn manifold gasket seeping by, or soapy water on a cold motor will help identify any leaks.

Also, check the intake horn bolts.

It is a commonplace to leak to the mating surface from horn to block.

I don't know anything about Smelding's intake horns if they are truly flat or not.

Now for the MM3, regardless of what's going on, it's without a doubt going to help benefit your motor.

Last edited by Corkey; 02-05-2023 at 08:38 PM. Reason: my honkie tonk spelling.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Injector rattle is normally low before boost, especially in cold weather or before the engine fully warms up.

Bigger injectors require more rail pressure not to haze at idle and lower rpm’s that also affect rattle.

Some brand injectors are more prone to rattle than others im not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker, SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

Yeah, and of course ya, now I'm told II is junk because it’s not S&S injectors like the dealer wanted to sell me.

The best way i can explain it is to think of that clapped-out Ford pick 5.4 gas truck thats idling, and you hear that rust-out manifold bolts exhaust leak sound.

The seen thing is, tho, the truck doesn't make the noise idling; it only moves down low rpm till turbo spools.

And it's faint; as I said with Optimal Welding, it was much worse.

The truck, tho, runs like a raped ape, just more of a slight annoyance cause I hear it.

I did put a muffle on idk it out the straight pipe would help mask it or what.

Thanks so much for the input, guys.

My first post on here, im not a big forum guy, but I wanted opinions.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Re: New Guy Here - Need Advice - 2014 RAM 3500 G56 Trans

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker, SyN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: New Guy Here - Need Advice - 2014 RAM 3500 G56 Trans

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

20. Likes david3gen, SyN, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast