Hello, looking for some help with an issue here.

I purchased a 177k mile 2013 2500 mega cab with 68RFE a month ago.

It, of course, did not do it on the test drive or anything, but I picked it up from a few states south because I wanted a clean truck, and on the way home, it got a nasty surge when it was good and heat soaked.

I would pull up to a light, which surged and lunged like 300 rpm.

The truck was bone stock, and I did some research, and many forums said a software update or aftermarket tune fixed the issue.

I was planning on deleting anyways, so I did that a few weeks ago with a double R/MM3 setup.

The truck is excellent to drive now and everything, but the surging issue is still there but very different.

Before, the truck would surge and surge consistently and never stop.

Now it mostly just does it in reverse, which is super annoying with a trailer, and if I am sitting still, it will level itself out after six surges or less.

If I am trying to inch forward or backward, it's still super annoying because it will surge nonstop if i do low-throttle inputs in short bursts.

I did not delete EGR, throttle valve, or anything if that matters.

I have done a lot of searching on the subject, so I have come up with some facts:

• VGT requested vs. actual is rock solid, and my exhaust brake works fine, so I do not think it is a turbo issue.

• Scan tool says no water in fuel or recent history

• I have also been watching requested rail vs. actual rail closely while it surges, and they seem to be as close as they can be. Ordered rail pressure surges with the idle surge, so something tells it to surge. It will surge coming to a stop at a light, shifting into reverse, or if I touch the throttle a tiny bit from a stop and then let off. I will add TPS to that mix to ensure TPS isn't acting goofy, but I am pretty sure it is not.

I was hoping Itoget some help on what to look at next.

This is as far as my search has taken me.

What scares me is if I take it out of gear, it smooths out quickly.

I don't see how the trans or converter can cause this, but who knows.?

At the same time, I did the delete it.

I also did trans filters and fluid change.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Joe