Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  188
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Truck Won't Start - Batteries/Alternator Are Good

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Re: Truck Won't Start - Batteries/Alternator Are Good

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Is there a way to determine which sensor I have?
    Unfortunately, your link is not working on my end.

It looks like the rear wheel speed sensor should be P/N 4779980AC.

https://www.Moparpartsgiant.com/part...4779980ac.html

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Should I be testing the end that goes to the wheel or the end that goes to the inside module?

Maybe I'm confused about how testing voltage to the inside module will determine which of the two sensors is bad.

Or also, very likely, I just don't understand the back-end functionality.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Should I be testing the end that goes to the wheel or the end that goes to the inside module?

Maybe I'm confused about how testing voltage to the inside module will determine which of the two sensors is bad.

Or also, very likely, I just don't understand the back-end functionality.

If you are testing for voltage unplugged, you want to measure the voltage to ground on each wire going to the ABS module.

This test will verify that you have the correct voltage from the ABS module and the wiring is good.

On the wheel or sensor side of the harness, the only thing you can do is measure resistance, but I don't believe that will help you much.

To test the sensor, you need to put an oscilloscope on the sensor wires and rotate the wheel to check the signal.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

If you can rent or borrow an Autel or Snap-on scanner, you would be able to scan the ABS module for codes and monitor and graph each wheel sensor while driving.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    If you can rent or borrow an Autel or Snap-on scanner, you would be able to scan the ABS module for codes and monitor and graph each wheel sensor while driving.
    I just grabbed an Autel Scanner from Amazon that will be here today... I forgot I had a credit card I could use(but would rather not). It should be here today, so I will need to figure out how to test with that now

10. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Let me know how that scanner goes

Should have charged 2 of them,

Let's say, an early Christmas present to Corkey?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

12. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Let me know how that scanner goes

Should have charged 2 of them,

Let's say, an early Christmas present to Corkey?
    Well apparently I also need to go fight Interstate for a second battery also and in case I lose that fight... might need another LOL. I wouldn't mind doing some sort of scanner sharing system or something though if this ends up working out and I got the right one.

14. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Here is a run through of the codes that are appearing with the Quick Scan of all modules:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ao4kgBMeGsbsAhRn9

16. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

Also since one of the error messages had to do with tire size, I took my mm3 tuner and went into the change tire diameter menu and just tried to reprogram the tire size just for the heck of it.

I got this error message and after some googling I saw people talking about power and voltages not being correct and doing crazy things etc etc... I am wondering if all of this is caused by improper power handling by the batteries and I really need to go get that second battery replaced and that might fix all of the issues? Maybe these are all related to improper voltages and Power?

18. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Here is a run through of the codes that are appearing with the Quick Scan of all modules:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ao4kgBMeGsbsAhRn9

I don’t see any trouble codes specific to the wheel sensors. I found information on the U041500 and C007886 see attached. Could not find any information on the U041800 code. I would start by trying to correct the incorrect tire size first (see C007886).

Attached Files Attached Files

20. Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast