Greetings,

While I am likely not going to find someone that can tell me the difference in performance between a stock 18x8 wheel and an aftermarket 18x9 wheel on this tire size, I am trying to decide if I SHOULD go with an 18x9 wheel since the recommended rim width for a 295/70 tire is 8.5.

I will be pushing the numerical limits of the truck, and a 1" difference in wheel width theoretically could make a difference in stability by keeping the ratio between tire and wheel width resulting in less sidewall movement.

Since the sidewalls are pretty tall for this combination, would that result in something tangible through increased stability while towing?

However, I cannot prove it other than a track day wheel and tire setup for my old 1LE Camaro.

I sized wheels slightly wider to reduce squirm and increase responsiveness (especially on the front), and I am trying to see if anyone on here can tell me your experiences and if I am overthinking it.

Ultimately money does have a part to play, but I can talk the wife into the wheels if I need to.