I personally have never owned the DuraTracs - but I have been myself tire brand shopping - I have never been brand loyal but mainly looking at tire tread pattern & tread depth & compund of the tread = Soft/Med/Hard.

I am always looking for an aggressive A/T with alot of sipping = better for snow & ice & rain soaked highways / interstates.

I looked hard at the DuraTracs - but after reading more then a handful (alot) of reviews on a iRV2.com forum: I walked away with the impression that these tires are of a much softer compound - which most of us know leads to much faster tire wear but a smoother ride when new.

Also the tire is noted to have a much softer sidewall - which has said to produce when towing a much mushier (unstable) ride from the tow vehicle (Your Ram) - To some this is a game changer.

But the tire is also stated (when New) to be a top performer when put to the test in snow/ice/rain - once the tread depth is to the half way or below mark - the tire performance is said to really become quite horrid in all sitiuations.

Just my thoughts from reading others reviews. My top 2 at this time is the Toyo Open Country A/T3 & Falken Wildpeak A/T3 & Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T.

In person these tires look really impressive and if I had not read all the reviews - would probably be at the top of my list.

Note: Everyone Opinions & Reviews will be different from mine & yours - take it all with a grain of salt.