Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Oil Filter Relocate - Problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Oil Filter Relocate - Problems

Has anyone had a lot of problems with their PacPro oil filter relocation?

After having mine installed for about 10,000 miles, it started leaking where the head attaches to the original filter location on the motor.

This is the second problem I've had with mine - I had to replace a bad hose that was leaking after only 1,000 miles.

I'm going to take mine off after the headaches - I don't need to be wondering when the next time this thing is going to start leaking oil when I'm on a road trip or something.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Oil Filter Relocate - Problems

I didn't have a Pacpro, but I got a dual remote filter off eBay; it took a lot of time to install it carefully, well-protected, proper torque of fittings, and even wrapped the hoses in heat-reflective kevlar.

It leaked at the remote head, and I could never get it not to drip oil, so I took it all off after 1000 miles and went back to stock.

Glad I did as I found that one of the hoses was already rubbing through even though it was protected in a kevlar sock.

My truck has never leaked one drop of oil with the stock filter -- peace of mind.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Re: Oil Filter Relocate - Problems

I installed a universal Amsoil dual bypass filter set up on my 2012 when it was new.

I had a leak at the adapter for years until I took it all apart and could get a wrench in to tighten everything again.

It was suitable for a few years, then weeped again.

When I installed a twin kit two years ago, I took the adapter and lines apart, resealed, and torqued, Ive noticed a tiny amount of weeping but nothing worth even wiping a rag against it for.

Fitting's leak, the engine vibrates like crazy, and your front main and timing cover will eventually leak oil and look like every Cummins out there.

Just clean, assemble and tighten things correctly and expect to need to keep up on it over time.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post