Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: Small Coolant Leak - 2012 RAM 3500 6.7L

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

Small Coolant Leak - 2012 RAM 3500 6.7L

Today when I backed my truck out of my garage, I noticed a small puddle of pink-colored coolant under where it was parked.

I looked under the truck, and it appears the leak is on the passenger side with coolant staining the oil filter and some other parts (pictures attached).

I just did an oil change last week, and the oil appeared fine.

There is no smoke coming from the exhaust, I checked the coolant level, and it is right up to the top, no smell anywhere in the engine or the cab, heater blows hot, no issues there.

I can't see anything from looking down on top of the engine with the hood open.

The thermostat and PID on RaceME Ultra have never shown any issues with overheating or excessive temps.

Had the coolant changed last year and no issues until now?

All PIDs on Raceme Ultra is expected, and I only run it on the 30hp tune.

Never push it to keep my throttle max around 50% only for short periods of accelerating up a hill etc.

Based on the one picture, it looks like it is possibly leaking out of where a hose goes to the turbo?

Or is it possible that the coolant is leaking above the turbo and just pooling a bit on the lip of the tube entering the turbo?

I kind of stumped on this one - any help or suggestions are all greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post