Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel additive nessesary?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fuel additive nessesary?

I didn't pay enough attention to the weather before I came to work for the weekend. It's supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight and I didn't add my normal anti gel additive that I usually do for the winter yet. I will not be starting it till Monday morning and it's supposed to be in the 20's then. Did I screw myself by not adding the anti gel or should I be ok if I get some additive in tomorrow?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Do you have the stock fuel system?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yes. All stock.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

you should be ok most fuel stations should have switched to winter fuel by now

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

but add some anyway can't hurt

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok. Thanks. My wife is going to bring me some tomorrow and I'm just going to let it sit and run for a little bit and get through the system.

7. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I guess I should have elaborated. The stock fuel system has a fuel heater that is supposed to prevent gelling. I suggest you let the truck warm up a bit first. That will give the warmer fuel time to circulate into the tank and warm up the fuel a bit. It's not much, but it's a help.

Wally World or NAPA is on the way home right? (Hint)

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hah! We over lapped with the same answers. LOL

Now hang your head is shame for not buying some sooner. . . . LOL

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Will have some before I leave. Stupid mistake. The first real cold snap of the year.

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Haven't they taught you squids anything up there? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast