Ok, so to start this out, I've got a '13 Ram 2500 G56 Truck.

I bought the truck with 199k on the clock.

One thing that came to mind was pulling the front driveshaft to grease the double Cardan joint for preventative maintenance.

After pulling the D/S and greasing it, I noticed the double Cardan was kind of sloppy and flopped around really easily.

At this point, I figured it would be smart to take it to get rebuilt for peace of mind as not to destroy the cab, trans, etc., if this thing decided to explode on me while on the highway.

Trucks a '13 2500 so not Center axle disconnect (Front driveshaft always turns even in 2wd)

So I get the shaft rebuilt for like 150 bucks. Pick it up, happy, and all is good.

I got it home, and after looking at it deeper, it seemed they hadn't replaced/rebuilt anything other than the U-joints themselves.

This got me worrying and wondering if I wasted my time with this (very reputable) local shop.

Should I worry?

I haven't felt comfortable enough to even install this D/S back into the truck.

Now it has been sitting in my garage collecting dust/surface rust on the new joints.

Also, side note, I noticed a couple of the clips on the U-joints aren't flush.

Advice is highly appreciated.

I'm to the point of either A.) Bringing it back to the shop. (trust issues at this point) or B.) Purchasing a fresh driveshaft from someone reputable.