Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  109
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Not Getting Fuel

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: Not Getting Fuel

Following...

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

2. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

Not really I snugged them cause I knew they only go to 45 ft-lbs I think, but would that not let the rail build pressure and for it not to get fuel?
    Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Are your feed tubes properly torqued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

So I unplugged the FCA on the CP3 and let someone crank it and it read 2400 psi rail pressure max and then I lost it all all fuel lines feed tubes are tight no leaks and have been priming this time for an hour or so and nothing

4. Top Of Page | #74
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Have you checked the rail pressure relief valve?

Have you checked return flow to make sure it’s not your issue?

5. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

Yes and the I’m checking return flow now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Have you checked the rail pressure relief valve?

Have you checked return flow to make sure it’s not your issue?

7. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

Well it’s just a little bit coming out the return and still got nothing it just flashes 21 psi.

8. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Not Getting Fuel

To recap new injectors new CP3 feed tubes are torqued with no excessive return and the lift pump has good flow?

Did you tighten feed tubes before tightening injector hold-downs and make sure feed tunes sat in the injector properly?

Other than that if you don’t have excessive return I’d bet CP3 is bad.

The only thing that bugs me and makes me think you have a return issue not allowing pressure to build is when you unplug the FCA the pressure raises to 3k but drops shortly after.

9. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

see it’s got me messed up I’ve sent the CP3 off right after I bought it and the tested it and said everything was good I cracked all the lines coming off the fuel rail 1 isn’t putting fuel to the line 2 barley does 3 and 4 have good flow I cleaned the rail and all the lines I’ve tried bleeding it incase it was air locked I’m gonna haul it to a shop Monday and have them mess with and let them find something simple cause I’ve tried everything everyone has said to try
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    To recap new injectors new CP3 feed tubes are torqued with no excessive return and the lift pump has good flow?

Did you tighten feed tubes before tightening injector hold-downs and make sure feed tunes sat in the injector properly?

Other than that if you don’t have excessive return I’d bet CP3 is bad.

The only thing that bugs me and makes me think you have a return issue not allowing pressure to build is when you unplug the FCA the pressure raises to 3k but drops shortly after.

11. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #79

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shane09 View Post
    see it’s got me messed up I’ve sent the CP3 off right after I bought it and the tested it and said everything was good I cracked all the lines coming off the fuel rail 1 isn’t putting fuel to the line 2 barley does 3 and 4 have good flow I cleaned the rail and all the lines I’ve tried bleeding it incase it was air locked I’m gonna haul it to a shop Monday and have them mess with and let them find something simple cause I’ve tried everything everyone has said to try
    I have been following this and I feel your frustration as it doesn’t seem to make any sense. With adequate fuel reaching the CP3 and the CP3 having passed the test you should be getting good flow to all lines coming out of the fuel rail. Please share with us what the shop finds hopefully we can all learn something from this.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

13. Top Of Page | #80

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I have been following this and I feel your frustration as it doesn’t seem to make any sense. With adequate fuel reaching the CP3 and the CP3 having passed the test you should be getting good flow to all lines coming out of the fuel rail. Please share with us what the shop finds hopefully we can all learn something from this.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’ve had CP3s pass the volume test but not build any pressure over what lift pump was outputting.

14. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast