Here goes my story.

I installed micro guard fuel filters under the hood at the frame mounted water separator at my regular filter change.

The truck ran great for about 700 miles using the auxiliary tank for gravity feed.

The wife takes it to work and calls me on the way home, saying it is cutting out.

Not out of the ordinary as this had happened before with aftermarket filters and was cleared up when I put in Mopar filters.

I couldn't find a reasonable price for the underhood filter, and with it being only 700 miles, I only swapped the water separator to Mopar.

When I switched the water separator, I also treated my auxiliary tank with one bottle of Power Source Clear Diesel and one seafoam bottle with 50 gallons of fuel.

Still, I only let about 6 gallons of this fuel into my main truck tank until I turned the external tank off.

It was driving great, and then it started cutting out again.

I see about 5000PSI on the rail at idle, but when i would get to about 20% throttle, the RP would drop to about 2500PSI and cut out till I got off the skinny pedal.

I removed the underhood filter and inspected and found black marks on the filter (See pictures).

I have since purged the lines and removed/reinstalled the underhood filter 3 times, and now it seems to be working properly, but it has me scratching my head.

I took a picture of the fuel in the tank (see pictures) and noticed it was brown in color.

I want to say bad fuel, but this has never happened like this before.

Any thoughts?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.