So figured I’d post here since it seemed more relevant, but mods move as necessary.

Anyways, I have a 2004.5 5.9 and I’m well aware that there is no way to utilize EFI prior to an ‘06.

During my various google searches, I did discover something about a harness and ECM swap.

I didn’t dig too deep into it and most of the info was super outdated so I don’t know how relevant it is anymore.

My question is, can this sort of swap actually be performed?

What would I need and is it worth doing over just buying a smarty MM3?

Will I actually be able to use EFI live to its full extent on my ‘04 if this swap can be performed?

Truck currently has an edge juice and there’s a lot more to be desired.

No, the tranny isn’t built yet and it’s not studded either, but it will get done if I intend to take any step above the edge juice level 5 tuning which I daily with.

Basically, assuming I can do the swap, would I still just be better off buying the smarty.

I’ve been actually debating heavily selling the truck and just getting into a turbo car since what I’m trying to get out of the truck now costs way too much, but I figure if I can do a few little things to add more fun factor I might consider holding onto it longer.

Thanks for all the help and please keep the criticism positive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk