Thanks to an error in judgement during the manufacturing process there are way to many of our 2500 and 3500 trucks driving the streets with a potential drag link issue.

The jam nuts move away from the shuttle and can cause loss of control.

There is a safety recall that has been released for this safety concern.

However the Recall V06 in my opinion is not a repair but a mistake.

As a certified Chrysler tech I perform this recall at least once a week at the dealership I work for.

After verifying that your jam nuts torque to the shuttle correctly and the threads on the drag link are not damaged, I perform the part of the recall that leads me to asking for advice.

I weld the jam nuts to the shuttle, the performance of the welds renders alignments impossible without replacement of the entire drag link.

I have had this recall performed on my truck and the steering wheel is no longer straight as well I noticed the other day my truck pulling to the right and the toe set on my tires is off causing unneeded inner edge wear.

Does anyone have or use a after market drag link setup that they prefer over the factory?

My truck is still currently stock and would rather not have to spend extra money at this time to replace my drag link with a much better setup.

Lift kit and suspension upgrades are planned for the future.

Thank you all in advance.